dasselbe auf Deutsch
UNIX and MacOS computers
is a benchmark program I hacked to compare the speed of my PowerMac
to UNIX workstations. On these pages I would like to present this benchmark to
you. If you are interested, feel free to download. If you send your results to me, I will
add them to these pages.
Almost all benchmarks I know of are either based on so-called standard applications
(e.g. MacBench or BAPCo) or are not publically available for free, like SpecMark.
Since I want to compare the raw speed of my computer, I programmed this suite of
benchmarking programs. These programs are
- number-crunching programs.
- The graphics card and disk-IO thus have almost no influence on the
- You can test your system's cache.
- You don't rely upon the programming skills of others, namely large
- It is platform independent. The implementation is the same for all
On this page, I present the results that I and others have obtained with
If you are interested in more detailed information about
follow the links
- Feel free to port
to Window 9x/NT, as long as you mail me
back the modified source code and as long as there are no modifications
to the algorithm and their implementation.
runs only on a single processor. Even though there are
multiprocessor machines mentioned here,
was running on a
single CPU. However, processes on other CPUs may have an
influence on the results.
- The reference is my PowerMac 7500 with 256 kB L2 cache added.
for sending me their results.
|Steffen Möller, |
|Christoph Eicken, |
|Thomas Döring, |
|Sven Negrassus, |
|Robert Zores, |
|Frank Büttner, |
If you have questions or comments feel free to mail me.