There are three versions of RGBench available:
With verison 1.6 beta I made the follwong improvements:
- RGBench 1.6 beta for UNIX (including Linux and MacOS X)
This version includes only source code but no binaries. You may choose whatever compiler option
you want. If you like me to publish your results, please add your compiler options and hardware data.
- RGBench 1.6 beta2 for MacOS with a Makefile prepared for MacOS X and precompilert Universal Binaries
- RGBench 1.5.2 compiled for classic MacOS (using CodeWorrier 9)
Changes with 1.6.beta2:
- The messuring of run times was made more precise. Hence short runs will now give better results.
- RGBench may run on multiple Cores in parrallel. This is important for CPUs with multiple cores
but unified Caches like the Intel CoreDuo. Single Core runs might pretend better results than the CPU
is able to deliver if both Cores are used.
- The user interface was rewritten
- I added a throughput column in the report. However it is still a very simple calculation and report too hih numbers
if you choose more benchmark instances than CPUs core available.
- Fixed a small bug (in non measuring code) that produces crashes on some plattforms
Binary version are not affected.
Please NOTE: I take no responsibility for any damage to your computer caused by this program.
The source code and the executable are provided as is.
Nevertheless, I tried to make it as bug free as possible.
I would be grateful if someone would like to port this benchmark to Windows.
It would be interesting to compare the speed under Windows and Linux.
send me your results!
I will publish them on these pages.